The Slovak Queer Film Festival is a festival for lesbians, gays, bisexuals, transgendered and intersexual people (LGBTI), their parents, children, relatives and friends.
Since 2007, the festival has been loosely inspired bythe tradition of gay-themed festivals held in Slovakia from 1996 to 2001.Today, the Slovak Queer Film Festival – FFi is the only LGBTI-oriented film festival in Slovakia, organized by the civic association Iniciatíva Inakosť.
FFi (Festival) was established as a cultural non-commercial venue for the presentation of Queer Slovak and international cinema, intended to entertain heterosexual and non-heterosexual film fans, fight homophobia and xenophobia, and encourage society to discuss and address the problems afflicting Slovakia’s continually ignored LGBTI minority.
Festival is non-competitive, however Pink balloon isthe Audience Award for the best film of the festival.
ENTRY FORMS AND ENTRY DEADLINE
Applicants (filmmakers, producers, copyright holders,etc.) can submit their films for the festival until August 30 via official online entry form.
SELECTION OF FILMS
The selection of films is made by Festival programmers, deadline of film selection is September 10th.
REQUESTED MATERIALS FOR THE SELECTEDFILMS
The applicant of a selected film(s) for the Festivalis required to submit the following documentation before September 15:
• press kit in an electronic version
• web site of the film
• film stills printable resolution
• the complete timecoded dialogue list/subtitles (both, original and English versions)
• posters, flyers or any other printed promo material
• HD film trailer.
Eligible screening formats are:
• DCP (2D)
• 35 mm
In special cases, these formats are acceptable:
· • mp4 full HD, H264, stereo, bitrate up to: 5Mbit/s, 10 GB per file
• bluray – B region (Europe)
• dvd – Europe region (dvd is not recommended for cinema screenings!)
The Festival will cover the costs of print trafficunder the following conditions:
• IF the film(Screening format later on only) is in the festival circuit,shared between the film festivals, the Festival covers only oneway shipping expenses, export or import.
• If the Screening format shipped from the country of origin (from the owner ofthe rights, the production company, the distributor, the director, producer orother film institution) has to be returned back after screening, the Festival agrees to pay both way shipping expenses, to and from the Festival.
Delivery of the Screening format the Festival must be arranged at least 10 days prior to the Festival.
The Festival assumes the insurance costs covering possible loss, partial or complete damages to the Screening format from the time of delivery to the festival until the time the Screening format is delivered to a shipping agent for return. Should the delivered screening format need to be replaced, the Festival agrees to cover only the production of a new standard screening format according to the current price list in Slovakia.
Contact address to coordinate the film shipment: firstname.lastname@example.org.PROMOTION OF THE SELECTED FILMS
The Festival reserves the right touse film excerpts of selected films for festival promotion purposes under thefollowing conditions:
• less than 3 minutes for feature films
• less than 30 seconds for short films
The excerpts can be screened in the Festival movietheatres, broadcasted on TV channels promoting the Slovak Queer Film Festival,on the festival’s official website, in printed promo materials or during anymultimedia presentation within the duration of the Festival. The Slovak QueerFilm Festival reserves the right to use film segments of up to 10 seconds inlength in the festival’s official trailer.
The Slovak Queer Film Festival reserves the right touse film stills in the Festival’s promotional materials, the festivalcatalogue, promotional flyers, posters, billboards, the festival website,multimedia presentations.
SUMMARY OF IMPORTANT DATES AND DEADLINES
• Aug 30: deadline for film submission
• Sept 10: film selection deadline
• Sept 15: Promo materials deadline
• 10 days prior to the festival screenings: deadline for receiving the screening formats
• Festival Dates 2020: Oct 14 – 19 (Bratislava)
• Festival Echoes: Nov – Dec 2020